CalState TEACH Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CalState TEACH Community

A place where CalState Teach Credential Candidates can share information, ask questions and swap ideas

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help! How to upload video recorded lesson

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joan D. Jamgochian

Dear Fellow Students,

This morning I tried to upload my video recorded lesson from imovies. I loaded this onto my pc desktop and then went to Calstateteach, "My Work" to upload it. My computer said it would take over 5 hours!

I got it started but then my computer went into hybernation and when I reopened the screen, it seemed like the uploading had frozen.

I am going to try this again tonight. I have to figure out how to keep my computer from going into hybernation.

There has to be a better way. Any advice?

MollyMcCann

MollyMcCann
Admin

There have been 31 views on this topic, but no responses...
I wish I could help, but I haven't video recorded anything yet!
Joan, did you get it figured out? If not, does anyone have any input?

3Please help! How to upload video recorded lesson  Empty Uploading video from iPAD 2 to LPA Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Joan D. Jamgochian

Hi People,

Here is what happened with my video. First, let me say that it was too long (40 min.) I saved it 2 or 3 times on my desktop and on Live Windows Movie Maker. I didn't want to lose it because I knew I was going to try and chop it up. On Live Windows Movie Maker (this should already be on your pc computer-it is free). I tried to save the video as an email because this was recommended (I googled and watched tutorials on how to compress a video) in order to compress it or make it smaller. This did not work for me. I think you have to save it as an email first before you save it anywhere else. Does anybody have any clarification on that part? What I finally did was chop up the video into 5 to 10 minutes segements and upload it that way to the LPA. My Mentor Teacher also had me join "Dropbox". I loaded it onto Dropbox and somehow, my Mentor was able to see the video. I would still like to know a better way to upload the video. I do believe it has something to do with compressing it because the video quality on the iPAD is very good. Maybe there are too many pixels? Thanks for reading my post. If I find a better solution, I will let you know.

Mary Clare Navalta

First of all, the ipad records with high quality.

So this is what you should do:

1) Open imovie and import the lesson into the program. The CST resources section has step by step info on how to do this.
2) Compress the video using imovie and it should end up in the camera roll.
3) Connect your ipad to your PC and copy/paste or drag/drop the compressed video from the ipad camera roll onto your PC desktop.
4) When you get onto the CST website in the LPA section, upload the video file found on your desktop.

I know it can take a while, but you have to stop your computer from going into hibernation. I would suggest 1) Periodically touching your computer so it doesn't hibernate, or 2) (RECOMMENDED) change the power settings for your PC so that it does not automatically go into hibernation. A quick google search on this should get you step by step instructions.

Hope this helps! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum