CalState TEACH Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CalState TEACH Community

A place where CalState Teach Credential Candidates can share information, ask questions and swap ideas

You are not connected. Please login or register

ACTIVITY 3.02 -FILLING OUT THE VIDEO RESPONSE CHART- ANYONE KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rosaria Campanile-Minneci

Hello,
I have watched the video several times, read the material, but I'm at a loss as to what exactly is being asked on the Video Response Chart- I am trying to fill it out but I am unsure if I am doing it correctly. Does anyone have a clear idea of what is being asked and how it needs to be filled out?
Thanks,
Rosaria

MollyMcCann

MollyMcCann
Admin

Hi Rosaria,

At first I had a hard time organizing my thoughts for this video chart too.
Maybe this will help you:
Think about what you know in the "topics" category. For instance... for "SDAIE (Sheltered) discourse", you know that there are lots of strategies that teachers use that help with sheltered instruction. For instance, grouping students, repetition, modeling, prompting, etc. If you can see any of the "sheltered instruction" strategies used in the video, write about them in the "Video Examples" side of the chart.

Essentially you're asking yourself what you know about the left side of the chart, and writing example from the video in the right side of the chart.

Does this help you at all?

Rosaria Campanile-Minneci

Hi Molly,
I thought that that's what I needed to do, but wasn't sure- thanks for taking the time to write back. It makes me feel like I'm not out there in high seas all by myself- thanks "muchly" Smile
Rosaria

MollyMcCann

MollyMcCann
Admin

My pleasure Rosaria, and thanks for posting on my tech issue : )
I know what you mean about lonely high seas...We're in the boat together now!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum